Follow the news on Belarus RSF_en BelarusEurope – Central Asia July 10, 2003 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Government bans Russian TV station and restricts media aid organisation “We welcome opening of criminal investigation in Lithuania in response to our complaint against Lukashenko” RSF says Reporters Without Borders today denounced the banning by Belarus authorities of the Russian TV station NTV and restrictions placed on a US media aid organisation as “new dagger blows to press freedom” in the former Soviet republic.The NTV office was shut down on 8 July for allegedly slandering the government. Pavel Selin, its correspondent in the Belarus capital, Minsk, had been deported on 28 June for “biased” coverage of the funeral of writer Vasil Bykov, an opponent of President Alexander Lukasheko. The foreign ministry had warned the station it would be banned from working in Belarus if it did not apologise on the air for the coverage. “The banning of NTV will prevent one of the few non-official broadcasting media easily accessible to the public from reporting on events in Belarus,” said Reporters Without Borders secretary-general Robert Ménard. “Closing down IREX will cut Belarus journalists off from valuable sources of information and independent media may no longer be able to have websites.””Since the beginning of the year, the authorities have stepped up their campaign to silence the independent media, put pressure on the foreign media and obstruct the work of organisations that encourage media diversity. The latest developments are new dagger blows to press freedom. The situation is getting worse and worse,” Ménard said. Receive email alerts The foreign ministry asked Selin on 27 June to explain his 25 June report on the Bykov funeral, in which he said police deliberately obstructed the 20,000-strong funeral procession and that Bykov’s widow had had her permit to live in Minsk cancelled. The report also highlighted the presence of the red and white Belarus flag seen at the time of independence but since banned and now a symbol of resistance to the regime. Selin said the authorities had also accused him of broadcasting an interview with opposition figure Stanislav Shushkevich, who was Belarus’ first post-independence leader, who said Lukashenko was “afraid to attend the funeral.” News Help by sharing this information Organisation June 2, 2021 Find out more News Russian media boss drops the pretence and defends Belarus crackdown May 28, 2021 Find out more BelarusEurope – Central Asia to go further RSF at the Belarusian border: “The terrorist is the one who jails journalists and intimidates the public” News News The foreign ministry refused on 7 July to renew the accreditation of Robert Ortega, head of the Minsk office of the US International Research and Exchange Board (IREX-Promedia), which organises training seminars for journalists, provides free access to the Internet, hosts the websites of about 30 independent newspapers and makes extensive photo and written archives available to the media.IREX was accused of “irregular” activities and if its appeal to the country’s Supreme Economic Court is rejected, will have to shut down its operations on 7 August. Ortega has accused the government of making a political decision as part of persistent efforts to curb the independent media. May 27, 2021 Find out more
Today, cannabis industry pioneer and The Emerald Cup founder and producer Tim Blake has announced the initial music and speaker lineup for Cannabis Country Fair, a brand new 4/20-friendly festival set to take place July 21st-23rd at Black Oak Ranch in Laytonville, California.Produced in collaboration with experienced festival and music industry leaders, Cannabis Country Fair’s initial music lineup includes trailblazing electronic duo Thievery Corporation, American rock band Portugal. The Man, experimental electronic world fusion outfit Beats Antique, driving blues-rock quartet White Denim, soulful vocalist/bandleader Allen Stone, New Orleans favorite singer-songwriter Anders Osborne, rock duo Jamestown Revival, New Zealand roots reggae band Katchafire, and rapper/producer Lyrics Born. Additional musical acts are slated to be announced as the event draws closer.The inaugural edition of the event, located in the heart of California’s weed-world-renowned Emerald Triangle, will gather a unified community of organic cannabis farmers and wellness enthusiasts, combining industry education with a variety of experiences for the “cannabis tribe.” Cannabis Country Fair will include top tier musical performances on two outdoor stages, a cannabis market offering festival storefronts to California’s leading cannabis brands and products, outdoor fair games, arts and artesian crafts to re-live your inner-childhood at the country fair, wellness features including morning cannabis yoga on the festival’s smaller stage, outdoor camping experiences, and a first-of-its-kind competition highlighting terpene-specific categories that allow flavor profiles to compete separately.Two and three-day passes are available now via the event’s website. On-site camping/RV opportunities are also available for attendees. All patrons must be 18 or older to attend. A valid California Medical Marijuana Card is also required to attend the Cannabis Country Fair.* read more
Obama: Fraud claims ‘delegitimising’ democracy. Video, 00:00:41Obama: Fraud claims ‘delegitimising’ democracy- Advertisement – – Advertisement –
21 August 2006American talk show host Oprah Winfrey has told the girls admitted to her leadership academy to work hard so that they can enter university anywhere in the world.“I’m going to ensure that every girl who wants to go to university will go, either in South Africa or anywhere in the world, all you have to do is work hard,” Winfrey said.The famous television personality was speaking at a celebratory event in Johannesburg on Sunday to welcome the first 75 learners from Gauteng who will be studying at the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls.Meyerton campusThe school, at Henley-on-Klip in Meyerton, south of Johannesburg, will accommodate 75 learners per grade, for a total of 450 from Grade 7 to 12.Learners from other provinces have yet to be notified about their admission to the school.Accompanied by their parents, the Gauteng girls came to the event without knowing they had been accepted at the academy.Winfrey has donated over R100-million four years ago to start the school for girls from previously disadvantaged communities. The 26-building campus boasts a library, a gym, a hostel and a theatre.It is set to provide a “rigorous” yet supportive educational environment to engender high standards of academic achievement and service leadership for girls who show outstanding performance, despite their social circumstances.‘Dream come true’Winfrey told the girls and their parents that she once dreamt about a group of girls who were in Africa. In the dream, she could only identify the girls by their faces.“I would see their brown faces but couldn’t say their names. I would wake up before they told me their names,” Winfrey said, adding that she now knew their names – citing one: Lindiwe.Because she was “blessed with education,” Winfrey said she thought it best to give back to African children in realising her dream. Raised by her grandmother in the rural Mississippi, she said: “I wanted to do this school for disadvantaged girls because I was disadvantaged myself.”Safe educational environmentThe chosen pupils were more than happy to be part of that dream. They screamed with joy, did a jig, and hugged each other as their names were called out. They will now form part of Class 7 and 8 next year.Winfrey had words for the girls’ parents. “I want you to know that these are our daughters, I want you to trust me with them. I will create a good education environment for them and the world will know who these girls are.”She added that she would come back to South Africa before the school opens on 2 January 2007 and take all parents to the campus so they could see that their children would be at a safe place.She said that there was a major high-tech security system at the school, adding that she would do everything in her power to ensure that the children were in a safe environment.‘Opportunity’Busisiwe Zasekhaya (12) of Alexandra, who has been accepted for Grade 7, told BuaNews that she would do her best to make the country proud. “It feels like a dream come true. I will make use of this opportunity to make my aunt and the country proud,” the 12-year-old said.Her aunt and legal guardian, Sibongile Zasekhaya, described the young girl as “bright and hardworking”.After completing her studies, Busisiwe said she wanted to become a businesswoman who would help HIV/Aids orphans.The principal for the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls, Cordy Mageza, also reassured parents about the safety of the girls in the school. ” I am sure that these girls will work hard to make you and the country proud.”Source: BuaNews Want to use this article in your publication or on your website?See: Using SAinfo material read more
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest James Jacobs, a farmer from Bloomingburg, Ohio, came in 1st Place in the AA No-Till/Strip Till Non-Irrigated category for Ohio in the 2015 National Corn Growers Association Corn Yield Contest. He visits with Ohio Ag Net’s Ty Higgins about his strategies that scored him 276.98 bushels to the acre and what methods he used on the winning field that he may work into his whole farm strategy in 2016.
jolie odell Related Posts If a user clicks his “exclamation” icon, there’s a slim popout for Facebook notifications. If you need to focus on other tasks, no problem – you can “pause” the entire firehose and resume any time you like.When you don’t need it, it retreats conveniently into the background. There are no annoying popups flooding your screen when your stream gets a little noisyThe app has been live for about a month, and it’s just what the doctor ordered. It’s an OS-agnostic AIR application, so it’ll play nicely with Linux, Windows or Macs. We can see ourselves running this on the daily. One issue we had is that, while the visor does optionally dock at the top of the screen, when it’s locked on top, we were unable to access our menu bars for maximized windows. It’s still in beta, and a bit buggy, but what kind of early adopters would we be if we didn’t admit this app has huge potential, bugs and all?Give it a shot, and let us know what you think in the comments. Tags:#Facebook#twitter#web Seesmic’s announcement of Look, their brave new Twitter client, had the tubes positively humming yesterday.Although it might be a great interface for newbies, that app isn’t recommended for power users. But we just found one that is – for desktop use, anyway. It’s an agile bit of hotness that’s as responsive and unobtrusive as you’d ever want, and it can also provide you with a stock-ticker-esque UI that will satiate all your info-social needs. Meet SocialVisor – the Twitter app.It runs primarily as a scrolling ticker on the top of your screen: Guide to Performing Bulk Email Verification Facebook is Becoming Less Personal and More Pro… The Dos and Don’ts of Brand Awareness Videos A Comprehensive Guide to a Content Audit Here’s the skinny:You can run your social streams as a retractable bar above your desktop screen.You can login to Twitter and Facebook and choose to see either or both streams.You can group your buddies any way you want, regardless of which site they use.You can access DMs, retweets, replies and mentions.You can see threaded conversations from Twitter.You can share and view links, updates and pictures on either or both networks.And more other common features for third-party apps, such as retweeting, following or unfollowing, replying, liking/favorite-ing, commenting and more. And when you want to update, links are automatically shortened with bit.ly and character counts are tracked as you type, all from a simple bar above your other windows. read more
Juventus Higuain hits 100th Serie A goal with opener against Milan Ben Spratt Last updated 2 years ago 00:53 10/29/17 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty Images Juventus Serie A Milan v Juventus Milan The Argentine has been off-colour in front of goal this season, but enjoyed a welcome return to form as he opened the scoring at San Siro Gonzalo Higuain reached 100 Serie A goals with his opener against AC Milan for Juventus on Saturday.The Argentina international has been a scoring sensation since arriving in Italy with Napoli just over four years ago, netting 71 times in the league for the Partenopei.17/4 for Bologna and Roma to draw Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player Higuain’s final 36-goal campaign at San Paolo in 2015-16 earned a reported €90million switch to Juve, where he has continued his fine form.A tally of 24 Serie A goals secured the Scudetto in Turin last season, while this landmark effort – a stunning snapshot – was his fifth of the current campaign.23′ That’s @G_Higuain’s th goal in @SerieA_TIM! And what a goal! Pipita smashes into the bottom corner from the edge of the box! #MilanJuve— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) October 28, 2017 100 – Gonzalo Higuain has scored his 100th goals in Serie A, in his 153rd appearance. Pipita. #MilanJuve pic.twitter.com/DmgR4y2rQI— OptaPaolo (@OptaPaolo) October 28, 2017This clash at San Siro was Higuain’s 153rd league appearance in Italy, with the 23rd-minute strike his 73rd with his right foot. He has also netted 20 with his left, six with his head and a solitary effort with his chest. read more